So I know there are a million (or more) beauty bloggers out there. I’m not going to switch. However, I did find it was interesting that my year of not buying clothes meant I bought a lot more make-up (a lot a lot – I’ve mentioned before that I have pretty much gone down the exact same road as My Closet is Full during her year of no shopping).
Whilst my make-up/product collection has ballooned, I’ve also learned a ton about make-up. So I thought I’d share a few of my favourite (earth shattering) tips! Some (cough cough most) of these I am still working on practising myself, but I think passing along the best videos and tutorials might be useful for some of you readers!
- How to choose a flattering lip color – Honestly this one will blow your mind and change your life.
- Tutorial how to apply lipstick
- How to do a basic contour – also she is hilarious
- No make-up make-up by Lisa Eldridge. Her videos are amazing, she does all types of faces, skin, ages – she’s amazing.
- Common mistakes for hooded eyes – All the things I’ve been doing wrong for years.
- Another photo tutorial on hooded eyes
- Tutorial on how to blend eyeshadow
- Tutorial on natural brows by Wayne Goss
Other useful links (AKA, my favourite youtube channels, blogs and other links)
- Maskcara – great blog with tons of useful tutorials
- Lisa Eldridge – great youtube MUA
- Wayne Goss – another great MUA
- Reddit Makeupaddiction – wonderful thread of inspiration, ideas, tutorials, product reviews… everything. is. here.
Ok, well that should keep you busy for hours and hours! I hope you enjoy. It’s amazing how much fantastic information is out there. The only downside to being in NZ (and now I realize why so few women here wear much make-up) is that it’s nearly impossible to get a lot of the brands and products mentioned. Lucky for me, I have my ways (frequent trips back to the USA this last year), but still. We don’t have much, and what we do have is crazy expensive (I’m looking at you, $50NZD smashbox eyeliner and you, $38NZD MAC eyeshadow and you $46NZD clinique lipstick).