Um Wow. Where the heck did 2014 go? Anyone else feel the year sped by so fast it deserved a speeding ticket – or is that just me?
Time to review my 2014 goals and how I did:
- Graduate – YES! Done!
- Buy the camera of my dreams – Olympus OMD EM5 – and a macro lens. Take beautiful amazing awe-inspiring tramping photos. – YES (er, sort of)! D very generously bought one for my for graduation. It takes amazing, awe-inspiring tramping photos.
- Save money. Lots and lots of money. ($5K minimum but $10K+ would be better) – NO! Epic fail.
- Take D to MN. – Nope! We went to London instead.
- Get my tattoo removed. – Another no here.
- Do as much tramping as possible. Maybe the hump ridge? Routeburn in winter? – Yes to tramping. No, sadly neither the hump ridge or the Routeburn were ticked off, but we did a lot of tramping this year.
- Run the Dunedin half-marathon (Sept). – Another no. Stupid leg injury.
- Do the Kepler Challenge (Dec). – YES!! Holy crap yes I actually did this.
- Only allowed to buy 1 dress and 1 skirt – all the rest must be handmade by yours truly. – Nope. But now I’m on a 1 year shopping ban so we’ll see how that goes instead.
I wouldn’t say I did too badly. The only one I’m truly sad about is not saving any money. This was an absolutely epic fail on my part – definitely to be remedied in 2015.
Other highlights from this year:
- My family coming out to NZ. Showing them around my home for the last 7 years was fantastic. And when am I ever going to have another holiday with my adult sisters (sans husbands and kiddos – as much as I love them it was great getting my sisters alone!) and parents?
- Um, London. I know it’s mentioned above, but still. 3 weeks in London visiting my sister was such an amazing holiday!
- Tramping. We did a number of fantastic trips this year (read all about them on backcountry hijinks) and intend to do more in 2015!
- SEWING! Several dresses, costumes and my uber nerdy duvet cover. Overall very pleased.
I hope your 2014 was filled with a great many successes! Here’s hoping 2015 will be just as epci!