Well, it’s that time of year again. Time to set the big goals for 2014. Apparently setting resolutions is passe but I don’t really care. It’s a tradition for me. You’ve already been clued in to the 2014 challenge (dresses and skirts cannot be purchased, only made). So what other crazy hair-brained ideas have I dreamed up for this year?
We already know I did pretty well in 2013 – I mean, I finished the thesis and that was the biggie right there! So time to set some things up for 2014.
- Graduate (hey, the PhD has already been accepted so it’s more of a formality at this point, but then I really will be a Dr. so that is pretty exciting)! Also, show my fam an absolutely amazing time (and the sheer awesomeness of NZ) when they [hopefully] come over for it.
- Buy the camera of my dreams – Olympus OMD EM5 – and a macro lens. Take beautiful amazing awe-inspiring tramping photos.
- Save money. Lots and lots of money. ($5K minimum but $10K+ would be better)
- Take D to MN.
- Get my tattoo removed.
- Do as much tramping as possible. Maybe the hump ridge? Routeburn in winter?
- Run the Dunedin half-marathon (Sept).
- Do the Kepler Challenge (Dec).
- Only allowed to buy 1 dress and 1 skirt – all the rest must be handmade by yours truly.
Yep. That’s plenty of sheer and utter craziness. Wish me luck!