365 days of no shopping (Oct 13 2014 – Oct 12 2015)
You can read my original announcement post here. But to sum up the rules:
1. No new clothes for 365 days.
2. Definition of clothes: tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, jewelry, purses, belts, sunglasses, scarves, underwear, bras, socks, basics, swimsuits, hosiery, etc. This includes workout clothing <em>and </em>tramping clothing and (most importantly!) fabric. If I didn’t include fabric, I would just become a fabric hoarder for a year. Besides, I already have a ton of fabric on hand if I really want something new, I’ll just need to make it myself.
3. Makeup and perfume don’t count, but don’t go overboard.
4. Any money made from selling clothes will be put in an account to use at my discretion. Any purchases will be documented.
5. I can accept clothing as a gift, or gift cards to be used for clothing. I cannot use cash gifts for clothing.
6. I can borrow clothes from friends and vice versa.
7. Costume items don’t count.
8. Clothing may be purchased for career related events – e.g. job interviews, conferences, etc. However, restraint must be exercised.
9. I can buy 1 handbag (large, preferably two-toned black and brown – suitably professional), 1 pair of sunglasses, 1 pair of running shoes, and 1 lot of fabric for a special project that I’ve had in mind for about 6 months and <em>maybe</em> a trench coat (see #8).
I shall periodically update you on my new, non-shopping life!
4 thoughts on “1 year – No shopping”
I really want to do this too! I have way too many clothes and so much I just buy “because” and not because I love it. Good on you!!
Thank you! Haha, I don’t usually buy just because, my problem is I love everything!
This is very interesting. I’m following to see how it turns out.
[…] 1 year – No shopping […]